Photos

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 ... 2057» Next»     » Slide Show

Loading...





St Andrews Parish Church, Bordesley, Warickshire, England

St Andrew's Church, Bordesley is a former parish church in the Church of England in Birmingham. The foundation stone was laid on 23 July 1844 by Henry Pepys, the Bishop of Worcester.[2] The church was built to designs of the architect Richard Cromwell Carpenter with funds from the Birmingham Church Building Society. It was consecrated by Pepys on 30 September 1846. A storm in 1894 damaged the spire. The vicar was in dispute with the churchwardens,[5][6] and the repairs were not completed until after the vicar, Robert Foster Burrow, left in 1900. The spire was restored in 1901.[7]

The church was demolished in 1985, having given its name to the adjacent St Andrew's Road and St Andrew's Street, and to the nearby St Andrew's football ground, home of Birmingham City F.C..


Owner/SourceGoogle images
File nameSt Andrews parish Church Bordesly Warickshire England.jpg
File Size122.4k
Dimensions595 x 887
CaptionSt Andrew's Church was an early design of R C Carpenter, one of the chief proponents of the Gothic Revival. Consecrated in 1846 it did not survive inner-city redevelopment and was demolished by 1985. Its name is now preserved in that of its giant neighbour, Birmingham City football ground.
TitleSt Andrews Parish Church, Bordesly, Warickshire, England
Linked toClara Helen Underwood (Christening)

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 ... 2057» Next»     » Slide Show




Home Page |  What's New |  Most Wanted |  Surnames |  Photos |  Histories |  Documents |  Cemeteries |  Places |  Dates |  Reports |  Sources